That page 18 shot is definitely a fav of a few of us! I like these versions--though I think the second, while having more ordinary colors (leaf green), is closer in spirit to the "framing" feature of FPs shot due to the lack of continuity of the purple in the first and it's subtlness.
Compared to FP's photo, it seems your foreground is somewhat sparse in each of these. Possibly cropping away an outside fraction of the shot could help, removing the subject's context. I think the butterfly shot looks much better as a "full-size" shot than the thumbnail.
4 Comments:
Don't know why, but I really like the Black Eyed Susan. It has a sort of wistfulness about it.
That page 18 shot is definitely a fav of a few of us! I like these versions--though I think the second, while having more ordinary colors (leaf green), is closer in spirit to the "framing" feature of FPs shot due to the lack of continuity of the purple in the first and it's subtlness.
The first works quite well because you can see the whole outline of the flower, with the second the shape of the butterfly is broken up too much.
In the first I don't particularly like the clash of colours, pink and orange. Maybe a different foreground would work better.
Compared to FP's photo, it seems your foreground is somewhat sparse in each of these. Possibly cropping away an outside fraction of the shot could help, removing the subject's context. I think the butterfly shot looks much better as a "full-size" shot than the thumbnail.
Post a Comment
<< Home